We got home from church today and our neighbors across the street had a cop car parked infront of their house. We proceeded to just get everyone inside and the normal post-church routine of changing clothes because they were headed to my parent's home to spend the afternoon (one of their favorite Sunday activities...and maybe its nice for me too). Our neighbor crosses the street to let Steve and I know what had happened - they had been burglarized! Someone had broken in through a window and rifled through their things. After we were done talking with our neighbors we went into the house and Ethan began telling Steve and I how concerned and saddened he was for our neighbors. He got the idea (from my dad) that he could do something nice for them and take them something. I told him we could make some cookies and deliver them but that he would have to stay home with me and make them but I would take him over to my parent's house afterwards. He thought for a minute and then said that's what he wanted to do. We pulled out my recipes and made some chocolate chip bars after Luke and Sadie had left. He helped mix and break eggs and measure flour. We haven't really baked together because I have little patience with it. I rarely go into the kitchen for leisurely baking but this time there was no one else demanding my time and I was thankful to have that experience with Ethan. The cookies finished and we walked across the street to deliver our treats. Ethan let me know his legs were shaky on our walk across the street and that I was to be the mouthpiece and he would deliver. He's such a funny guy. Needless to say, our neighbors were touched and appreciated the gesture. We walked away and Ethan told me he had a warm feeling all over. What can I say? As a mom this was one of those priceless moments. I knew I had to get it down in writing. I love you, Ethan!! Thank you for being sensitive to the Spirit and following through, that was a great lesson to me.
Monday, January 23, 2012
a burglary and some cookies

Posted by
Camilla
at
12:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Comments:
Oh, what a sweetie! Wish I could hug him right now!!!
My sweet boy! I miss him and my other babies.
Nice job Ethan! Definitely a special MOM moment!
Post a Comment