Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas in Sundance, UT

Our trip to Utah was a blast! I have been dying to go back ever since returning home. We loved the snow and the cabin and everything in between. On our drive up we actually got snow in Cedar City. So we had to pull over and drain the water from our windshield spray to put in some good snow resistant spray. I do have to admit, I don't love driving in snow but this storm wasn't as bad as I've driven in before...and Steve was driving so perfect for me!


I had to take this picture of all the hair gloriousness going on in the car! It was all over the place.

Our first activity, once we got to Sundance, was the North Pole express train ride. It wasn't the best start to our trip but we tried to make the best out of it.

And Santa visited so that was cool.

My favorite part of the trip was snowboarding and the skiing lesson my boys got to do. They did an awesome job skiing! This is Luke in the center of the picture, practicing his pizza pie stance he was taught in his lesson. Ethan actually got to go down the big slope with his Uncle Clay after his lesson. Pretty brave!

Spending a morning on the slopes was the perfect Christmas Eve for me. And I got to see NieNie and Robert Redford, that was kind of cool.

Of course, who can forget Christmas morning and all the presents? Many happy faces...

but my favorite reaction was this one. He was thrilled. Guess Santa got it right? The kids actually slept in until about 7am, which was shocking! The morning before they had all woken up at 4am (which would have been 3am our time).

Christmas Day we headed up to Temple Square after visiting with some old friends in Orem. We were only at Temple Square long enough to get this picture and then everyone decided they were done. Sadie needed a bathroom and everything was closed because it was a Sunday. The boys were too cold to be happy about anything else. So we headed over to visit my grandma and warm.

An out of place picture, the kids getting ready for their ski lesson.

We also went to Solider Hollow and went tubing. Sadie's favorite part was the tow rope. She sat in her tube, singing songs or waving at cousins.

Steve got to go with us this time (didn't make it skiing because of his back) so we were all pretty happy about that.
I love playing in the snow! It was an awesome trip and I wouldn't mind making it a tradition. I love me a white Christmas.

0 Comments: