Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Thursday in the Life of Sadie

Every Thursday Sadie and I go to “school.” I enrolled (after being persuaded by my sister…it’s a good thing!) in a class at a local community college and its kind of a mommy and me preschool. Sadie LOVES it. The first hour is all free play for her. Her favorite spot lately has been the dress up area. She takes after me.

IMG_0101

Here she is acting out one of the many real life situations she finds herself in the other days of the week – strapped in a shopping cart while I push her around.

IMG_0104

Pit stop at the tool table. She’s most likely paying homage to the memory of her brothers. She doesn’t want to let them down.

IMG_0105

Back to the dress up area to freshen up her makeup. She’s gorgeous!

IMG_0106

Craft time is always fun. This week was a wood and glue project. She had fun “painting” on the glue and choosing the different colored shapes to put on.

IMG_0107

Then we head outside for some play.

IMG_0108

IMG_0109

Story time! Sadie hardly sits with everyone, if she decides to go at all. She’s sitting next to her cousin here but she got up right after I took this picture and sat on my lap for the rest of the time.

IMG_0110

Snack time!

IMG_0111

And the day ends with some fun good bye songs.

IMG_0112

I’m really glad we have this class to get me out of my to-do list mode. I’m just sad I didn’t take it with the older kidlets.

4 Comments:

Sher said...

So cute to see what she gets to do at "school". Alyssa still talks about her cuz Sadie! Too bad we weren't closer and they could do "all things girly" together.

James and Ev said...

What fun!!! So cute to see Sadie in action...loving her girliness and homage to her brothers all at the same time! No regrets just savor the moment and the opportunity you have now!!!

Mae said...

For once you listened to your little sister. :) We love having you there, too!

anna banana said...

That sounds great! I wonder if we have a similar program...