Sunday, February 6, 2011

It’s a catch up, yo! Not catsup.

Ok, how did a month ALREADY go by since the last time I blogged? Seriously? Whuuuut. You may have noticed that I’m giving non-privacy a chance right now. Honestly, I’m kind of sick of logging into my own blog to see where I left off so I’m going to give it a try. But don’t be bugged if I go private again, the next time I get spooked by a show on child predators or something of the sort. On to better topics…

Sadie. My darling little girl. Sometimes she likes wearing her sunglasses. Its adorable.

IMG_0026

And so are her feet. How could you NOT like little feet like this. It makes me want to bite those little toes.

IMG_0029

I got this conditioner for Christmas from one of my fantastical seeeeesters. Its amazing. My chemically processed, over-heated hair loves it.

IMG_0031

My other Christmas present from the Hubs came a few weeks ago and I was thrilled. I immediately put it around my neck and took this picture with my phone so I could text it to my Hubs.

IMG_0032

The Hubs…he’s so nice to me. He got me these boots. My first pair of boots. I really LOVE them. I know its bad to LOVE things but I really do LOVE these. I plan my church outfits around them, most of the time. Its so fun.

IMG_0038

Again, my Sadie. She’s silly. She’s been making these faces and it cracks me up. I can’t capture the true hilarity of them on my iphone but I had to put them up here.

IMG_0039

IMG_0041

Ethan wanted to take a picture with my phone the other day. We’ll work on his photog skills.

IMG_0052

I truly think the transformation from non-reader to reader is kind of magical. Ethan was reading this book on the way to church this morning and it gave me warm fuzzies. I’m so glad to be a mom.

IMG_0055

Last, but not least, the Carlsbad Half Marathon. It was January 23rd. Training for this bad boy was not easy. I decided I don’t like training in the winter much, especially over the holidays. But I must have done something right because I ran the fastest time yet! I finished in 2 hours and 14 minutes (not counting my potty break at mile 12.5). My official finish time was 2:16. Throughout the race I would check my pace on my watch and I was constantly thinking, “this is crazy. I’m flying! Any moment now I’ll settle into my usual pace.”

My sister in law, Anna, actually convinced some of her family members to run with us. They drove down from Vegas for the race. This is us, freezing, pre-race. I was really impressed by Anna’s parents, who both finished the race. Way to go Christensens!

p37_jpg_scaled1000

p39_jpg_scaled1000

I was under a bit of a time crunch the day of the race so I couldn’t stay very long. There were so many people in this race that I never did find any of my group afterwards but I heard they all did a great job! Anna even finished while nursing an injury!

So that’s my catch up. Hope you liked it. I really am going to try not to wait another month before I blog. Really.

5 Comments:

Denice said...

Love the catch-up... can't believe you guys are such Rock Stars at the race. I am so impressed... and Camilla, you look so fab! Way to go!!!

Sher said...

Love all the pics of Sadie and so does Alyssa! That's neat that Ethan is turning into a reader, love it! Do you guys frequent the library? You are most definitely ROCKSTAR for running the race, amaze me every time I hear you're training for another one...INSPIRING!

Dan said...

Congrat's on the race. Fun to guess which feet go with which person. Good to see the pictures.

Mae said...

thanks for the update, love seeing pics of you guys

anna banana said...

You look so awesome in all these pictures! And I love the new heading pic!