Sunday, August 16, 2009

What keeps us busy

Shopping for cute clothes. I love these shirts from Threadless. They our so unique and witty in their designs. This one is called "wishless."
This one is called "defend the kingdom."
More cake baking...or caking...ha. I thought this cake turned out pretty darn good but who am I to judge?
I was also happy with these cookies I made for a baby shower. The baby's name was starting with an "S," just so you know. The cookies took MUCH longer than I thought they would but they were cute!
Luke has discovered the wonderful world of iphones. Unfortunately there is only one iphone in our household and its mine. I made the mistake of putting a car game on my phone and Luke has become addicted to it. Steve likes it too so I guess it is a good game but Luke is the most common offender. Hmmm....is four too young to have an iphone? Kidding, TOTALLY kidding.
I recycle. Sometimes I wonder why I recycle. I mean, I know its good for the earth..yadda yadda but Costa Mesa automatically sorts through our trash to pull recyclables so why do I add more to my already long to do list? I don't know. Its amazing how fast it piles up. I kind of don't trust how much the city recycles so I take control....wow, what does that say about me? Control freak. I also like that I rarely have a completely full trash bin to put out on trash day.
Sadie isn't so sure about the pool. She loves her baths but this whole pool thing hasn't quite tickled her fancy. She looks happy in this photo but don't be fooled, her dad is infront of her keeping her happy. That's exactly what she needs, someone to cling to. She won't let us go when we are in the pool.
I found a dead bird in our house. I found this dead bird roughly three weeks or so AFTER finding the mysterious bird poop in our kitchen after coming home from our mini Rasmussen Reunion in Mesquite, NV. Thankgoodness for the ant trail that I had to investigate that led me to it. Ugh. Of course, Steve was at work so I had to do the dirty work. Why? Why? Why does all the NASTY stuffy happen when Steve is at work?

9 Comments:

Heather said...

I love that cake! Yum!

Tammy said...

Awesome job on the cake and cookies girl.... Making pretty things with frosting... not my craft but you do it well:o)

Sher said...

So did you purchase any of those cute t's for the boys? you're amazing with that cake and cookies - wish you were here to make all my kids bday treats! You and D sure have had some nasty similar experiences with animals, yuck!

Bonnie said...

Holy cow, you are talented! I love that cake AND those cookies! I'm totally impressed.

As far as the iphone, my cut off is 5... Emmalyn's the only one without it in our household. Get with the times lady.

Oh, and a dead bird?! How in the world did you get a dead bird in your house. That is crazy... and disgusting!


I forgot to write you back about meeting in Oceanside. Of all the times, you pick the one week that my parents are here! I'm so freakin' bummed! They leave Thursday morning, so if you are still around during the day on Thursday let me know. I told Jessica, I'm really excited to meet you!

Unknown said...

oh my how your little girl has grown! sorry i haven't been over here to check on your blog in a while. at least i've been seeing your updates on FB. ;) awesome job on those cakes!!

The Naylor Family said...

Do they have those shirts in adult sizes? They are so cute -- you have got some serious cake-making skills. You are doing great! I love that you recycle...I try to see each week if I can get my recycle pile bigger than my trash pile. Great pictures (well maybe not the dead bird one!)

anna banana said...

Ummm...I gotta talk about the recycling thing, they would sort it for you!?!?!? What! You are one dedicated chica that is for sure. :)

Cake and cookies pure bliss, I tried them both.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

again..are you trying to make me puke? why the dead bird my friend? why?

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

oh but that cake? YUM i was craving cake tonight and had to run to the commisary to get one. i sure could have used YOUR cake. it looks perfect!