I did it. I finished. Somehow I managed to shave off 9 minutes from my first half time. In 2007 I ran this half marathon in 2:37. My time this year was 2:28. I was in a lot more pain this time. After about three or four miles I decided to do walking intervals. So I ran for 6 minutes (sometimes longer depending on how I was feeling) and walked 1 minute, repeat often. My family came down to cheer me on. The first person I saw was my mom. Thanks Mom!! She was right at the top of my first (and the most steep) hill. I ran right by her. The next people I saw were my sister Ev and her family. They were all dressed up for church but they were there cheering me on. My little nieces were so cute saying "Go Tia Mimi!!" Not long after them I saw Steve and the kids. He had his hands full with the three of them but it was so fun to see them there, especially since I had already run 10 miles by this point so they gave me the extra energy to finish. By mile 11 I was dying! I had just finished another hill and this one was long. Thankgoodness for a water station. I gulped down some kind of Gatorade concoction and was off. Then I saw my sister Mae and her family. She's the one I got these pictures from. Thanks Mae!! Right as I entered the last .1 of the marathon I saw Steve again with the kiddos. I got my extra kick from them. Thanks hunners.
Next time I want someone to run with.
Next time I am going to make myself a shirt or something much cooler than my old collection of free t-shirts from old races etc.
Next time I will shave off one more minute, at least.
When will the next time be? I'm not sure. Maybe October for Long Beach? Maybe next year at the OC again? We'll see....
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
13.1

Posted by
Camilla
at
2:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 Comments:
Maybe I will be your next running partner...maybe...
wow, that is amazing Camilla... Everytime I run I can't remember why I do it... I wish I was strong enough to do a race! I just "push" though my 2 little miles and call it good.
Congrats on a race well done! And special kudos to all of your family helping you and encouraging you along the way...what a special memory !
camilla you are amazing! You did another race and now you will become the Pro you always wanted to be...Long Beach would be perfect! I will run it with you if you strengthen my mental fitness level...it was so fun to watch you race! The girls to this day, when we say your name chant "go go go"!!
Congratulations, Camilla!! That is awesome you shaved 9 minutes off your time. I would love to run a race with you...just let me know!
look at you!!!! i'm so proud u hottie, u rock!
Wow..awesome Camilla!!! You're an inspiration to all those who want to run marathons, but choose to chill on the sofa and watch M*A*S*H =)
Post a Comment