Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ear Infections, Breathing Treatments, Eye drops....oh my!

Once again, the boys are sick. I feel like they have been on antibiotics or some kind of drug all winter. I declare that I AM DONE. I'm done with the sickies. Go away, don't come back another day. Ethan has dual ear infections, an eye infections and needs breathing treatments every three to four hours because the doctor heard him weezing when I took them in. Luke was only diagnosed with a dual ear infections (it was pretty obvious from all the goop coming out of his ear) but he wouldn't take deep breaths for the doctor. He has since developed the goopy eyes so I've started giving him the eye drops too. And I have Luke sit next to his brother now when he's getting his breathing treatments in hopes that Luke will inhale the sodium chloride, hydrochloride salt, sulfuric acid goodness (try saying THAT three times fast). I think they really are over acheivers. I mean, why settle for a common cold when you can get a whole bundle of infections instead? Nah, they don't settle for ease....not Rasmussen boys. All sarcasm aside, they seem to be getting better. Ethan loves putting his mask on and they don't even mind the antibiotics. Its those pesky eye drops that do us in. If you hear two toddler boys screaming, its eye drops time. (sigh)


And now for your viewing pleasure.....

Ethan and his steaming mask.


Our drug cocktail....yummy!

3 Comments:

anna banana said...

I am sorry they have been so sick! That just sounds awful. I am glad Ethan enjoys his breathing treatments, maybe he could give Jake some tips on that. :)

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

that's how i feel about everyone being sick here...balh go away!!

sEcr8t8gEnt said...

holy jamolie...talk about drug cocktails ;)