Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November was full...

it came and went. The boys' school had their annual Carden Country Fair. I loaded the kids up with tickets and they hit the booths to have some fun. Ethan and classmate Aidan got in the ring and duked it out. Ethan won!!


Sadie was the bravest Rasmussen and buckled up for a high flying time on the jumbo trampoline. She giggled as she flew up and bounced. The operator turned her over - she wasn't quite as confident with that move. Her brothers watched in amazement and vowed to do it "next year."

She also decided she wanted to wear a crown and had one painted on. She's lovely, isn't she?

Steve and I voted. Unfortunately, we were pretty disappointed with the outcome. Sometimes it just seems futile to put in the effort, doesn't it? The cupcakes helped ease the pain of our loss. We hope the next four years with Mr. O President doesn't deplete our morale even more.

 Soccer! Futbol! Practice, practice, practice. That occupies quite a bit of our time in November. Two boys on separate teams and one girl with nothing to do but brush mom's hair.
 Luke's team were the Avengers and Ethan's team were the Zombie Warriors. This was our first year being exposed the real competition of soccer. Ethan and his team were old enough where goals count and rankings begin. Ethan's team made it to the first round of play offs. We had a fantastic coach, Ed, and the team really came together but they lost. It was a hard blow. Competition is ugly, I'm not such a fan.







 Sadie and I snuck off to Disneyland whenever we could. Girls just want to have fun! Its fun to experience the Happiest Place on Earth with my little girl, especially at Christmas time.

There were too many cravings and not enough will power to ignore them. I'm going to pay big time for this. Why is this fourth pregnancy the worst ever. I'm so tired. I'm so big. Its going so slowly. Doughnuts help...or something.

This boy warms my heart. He wanted to come with me to our Stake service project and even learned to crochet after getting bored tying dolls at my table. As soon as he saw the scouts making these hats he headed right over. He takes his scouting seriously.


I'm constantly thinking of the things I'm thankful for in November. My heart swells with gratitude.

0 Comments: