Saturday, May 5, 2007

happy birthday tia ev! and bye bye cancun, hello big screen!








Its been an eventful Saturday. We threw a belated birthday bash for my sister Evelyn at our house. She's so old, 27!!! Just kidding, Evie...wink, wink. Mae and I made dinner (almost used every dish and pot I own!) and dessert. Steve and I got a little break from our diet to indulge in the festivities. Steve was so good though, he didn't even go overboard! The first picture is of Evelyn and her daughter Ellie enjoying some birthday cake. Evelyn was so nice to let all three children (my two boys and her daughter) help her blow out all her candles. Ethan was so excited to eat cake. I think that's the only way we got him to eat his dinner. Luke, on the other hand, all we had to do was let him sit on Grandma's lap and he ate everything....that stinker. The second picture is of Luke wearing his cake, doesn't he look like he has a mustache? Clay and Mae said that he looked like Nacho Libre and we all had a good laugh. We thought it was perfect that he looked like a little Mexican wrestler for Cinco de Mayo :) I think we know what we'll dress him up as for Halloween.




In other news, Steve got a big screen TV today and what's even better is that we didn't have to pay for it! This one goes on the law firm's tab, thank you very much Seegmiller Attorneys! The law firm was going to pay for Steve and I to go on their Cancun trip but Steve talked them into letting him get a TV instead of going on the trip. Some think we're crazy but that's us. We found a good TV that was still cheap enough to get the TV stand to put it on....Ikea is the best deal. The bookshelves are my mother's day gift. The last picture is of Steve playing the Xbox with Clay on the new TV and e-center....well, all you can see is Clay's legs; sorry Clay. The e-center isn't complete yet. We're going to be adding a hutch at the top of the center that will connect the two bookshelves....happy mother's day to me.




Ethan is improving on his big bike. He's figuring out how to turn it by himself and maneuver around objects and start and stop on his own. I can't believe he's not using a tricycle anymore. Now if I could just get Luke to figure out how to ride his trike. I had to push him the entire way around the block today....my back was killing me! :)

1 Comments:

anna banana said...

Sorry you guys were piggin out at the party, looks like we are going to school you!!